Friday, March 20, 2009

I'm Trippin'...I'm Caught Up In The Moment Right


So I'm listening to Kanye and I come across this lyric, “There's a thousand yous, there’s only one of me” (I also feel like I heard this hiding in some Lil Wayne babble) and it made me pause, only for a second, just slightly. I don’t know about you, but I l know a thousand metro-sexual men with Coming to America mullet tails and arrogant attitudes (okay maybe I'm pushing it with the mullet). The list of dread toting, metal mouth, rappers, five feet and below is even more extensive. Again I paused. I won’t deny its sensibility. When men “make it” we (women) have the tendency to regard them as the archetypical male. Psychologically we all share this group thought that his success makes him more desirable, certainly more attractive and dare I say, a good catch. Forget the fact that we walked by him yesterday and screwed our faces up as he tried to approach us with that “hey how are you” nice guy nonsense. I mean that was yesterday, before we saw him on TV. We’d much rather run across him today and have him select us from the flock of women eagerly ready to do whatever it takes for a moment of his affection, from which we now stand. Don’t think this holds any veracity? I understand, some people need examples, we all learn differently. Let’s start with Kanye and Lil Wayne. No one thought twice about Mr. West during his through the wire days. . .please and Lil Wayne, if the man didn’t have money. . .need I persist? How about Jay-Z? The man’s a former drug dealer, who can rap. That’s not so uncommon. All the pushermen I know can spit a verse and without the money all you have is a man with an extensive vocabulary (or a nearby thesaurus). I’m sure he has redeeming qualities. We all do, but his apparent success doesn’t make him fit for royalty. Ladies, let’s turn the tables on these men. There are a thousand of them. Sure we may share some similarities but none of us are the same unless we allow ourselves to be. No matter what, you are special, unique, one of a kind and gosh darn it let’s start living that way!! Don’t put up with nonsense, don’t sell yourself short, don’t worry about finding a catch or making things work, just make yourself happy. Live in the now, because it is all you have!!

3 comments:

Sartorially Savvy said...

I rocks w/the Nietzsche-esque ideology...

theUNDRESSER said...

lol, actually......there is only one Jay-Z. There are maybe tens of thousands, black men who are multi-millionaires, there is MAYBE a few thousand black men who are worth over 100 million.

There are millions of black women who are cute, hudnreds of thousands who are fine, and thousands who are fine and worth something. SO......there are WAY more women available to men, then the other way around. Of course, since men are hunters, women get approached by SO many men, they don't get to see that there are actually way more available black women than men......just go to church or a college campus.

The Tenant said...

it's biological. women only have so many eggs so they have to be picky about the man they sleep with. so of course they are gonna hold out for the alpha male. the man with the power, money, swag. doesn't matter how he looks because that comes second with women. as long as he has a strong presence wherever he goes, women will follow. Better than the thousands of losers that throw themselves at her feet on a weekly basis.