Friday, July 31, 2009

Do You Smell What the Rock is Cooking?

In my opinion, eyebrows are the windows to the soul. They can change the way a woman looks almost instantly. Wildabeast to Willamina Models, eyebrows can be the determining factor in which one you are. Like many women, I am obsessed with my brows. Ever since the first razor touched my browline I have been hooked. Over the years, I've progressed to tweezing, then waxing and now threading. Regardless of the method, I only let two people touch my brow. One waxer and one threader. Although I sometimes switch between the two, because of convenience, I am partial to the threading. I'm interested...how do you ladies maintain your brows? And fellas, I wont leave you out. Are you partial to one barber? How many of you get a line-up with the clippers vs. a straight razor. Is there a big difference?

I've posted a threading tutorial for those do-it-yourselfers who would like to save some money. I won't be doing that as I surely will end up with 3 cuts in my eyebrows tryna wild out. But try it and tell me how it turned out for you.


4 comments:

Sartorially Savvy said...

We all know the unibrow has become the 21st century instant classic turn off, like bad breath and a messed up grille before it. I'm definitely one of those fellas participate in a little grooming, can't be walking around looking like the Geico cavemen... Definitely not what's up. I prefer the clipper/razor hybrid myself...

Betterdaysahead said...

Well I got to say I am very partial to one barber and matter of fact I have held onto the same barber since i was in the first grade and only had three and half(sorry dad) people cut my hair other then is barber. There is a big difference with a clippers and straight razor to me because if I use a straight razor on my face it tends to break out a couple of days later.

Sake said...

I am obsessed with eyebrows! I have eyebrow envy when i see girls with nice thick, perfectly shaped brows. I have a round race so I feel like my brows define them. Theyre pretty good but I think they could be thicker. I have all types of methods to make my eyebrows appear more perfect like highlighter/bronzer under them...filling in the spaces with a pencil and bangs when they are in need of a good wax. I wan to try threading but I am always in the process of letting them grow back in but because I feel ugly when my eyebrows arent done... I get them done very 2 weeks like clockwork...lol.

Cocktail J said...

Sake, The Indian lady who threads my brows offered a great tip for people who want thicker eyebrows.

Dab some olive oil on your brows daily. She said that it really works to thicken hair. I guess it makes sense considering all of the olive oil hair treatment for women. I suppose it won't hurt to try.