Tuesday, July 28, 2009

When Keeping It Real Goes Wrong...

I had quite the run in this weekend. I went to a party! It was not fun by any means, but it did serve as a great distraction from what I call my life. The "let-out" afforded me the opportunity to be accosted by a very nice looking, very light complected young man. The modern day G-Money. I know...light-skinned men are out of style, but they're trying to make a come-back. Seemed like this man was leading the coalition. Anyhow, we chatted and after several compliments and a few flashes of the smile he had me blushing...blame it on the goose? I don't know. Eventually the conversation moved to my age and I told him I was twenty-something years old (you didn't really think that I was really gonna tell did you?)...to which he replies, "Oh, I'm 43". Pause. You guys had to have seen this man. He was absolutely adorable...definitely didn't look a day over 29 1/2. I digress...After more chit chat I agreed to take his number, with a smile! If you know me, you know that this was seriously out of my character to be so willing. After storing handsome's number in my phone this ninja shakes up the game with some nonsense...and I quote: "Now...I can't even lie...I got a girl, but we can still go out".

Hell no we can't sir. Initially I was thrown aback. Its like one of those things you always hear of but never really experience. I never knew that "up-front" men like this actually existed. I mean, we always hear men claim that they tell women how it really is but in all actuality they don't. They withhold the truth and sometimes just flat out lie. And how up-front was he really? Was that not something that could have been shared within the beginning of our conversation? Oh well...whatever. The man mind is a silly mind and I will not attempt to understand it.

3 comments:

undressingHER said...

lmao, he got that ass. Well atleast he didn't lie. But he said he has a "girl", not a wife, not a committed relationship.......just a girl. She can't be that important if he still wants to kick it with you. So if he doesn't care that much, why do you?

Cocktail J said...

Lol...yeah, he almost had me.

You don't have a problem with it because that's how you think, lol. Not all women think that way. I definitely don't. She had to be of some importance for him to mention her from jump right? I care because I'm a lover, not a killer. I have no time to be hurting some chick because she came after me about her man.

No sir.

undressingHER said...

Well that's a good point too, if he did mention her, he did care somewhat. Being drama-free is sexy, so I'm not mad at that. Thing is, it's not "her man". If he was, he wouldn't be trying to talk to you. I don't get how people claim ownership of something that is public property. She better stop acting she paid cash....she's RENTING dude.