Friday, September 18, 2009

Butterfly in the Skyyyyyyy....

I'm reading Dan Brown's new book "The Lost Symbol". If anyone would like to join me, here is your chance. He is a great author and his books are, in my opinion, the best fiction printed. Please don't let the cheesy Tom Hanks movies sway your opinion on his work. His books are sooooo much better than the movies. They're the perfect blend of fact & fiction...very informative and extremely intense. Be prepared to have everything you believe in effectively questioned and disputed. I'm convinced that his is the only fiction where you actually feel smarter after reading it. Amazing.

Anyhow...Pick it up at any retailer. I'm gonna add a link to the side so that you can pop in to discuss the book with me if you decide to read it. Maybe I'll post some questions or whatever to keep the convo going. Something tells me that I'm going to be talking to myself though. I'm sure CocktailOur viewers don't read...all two of you. Prove me wrong.

Just kidding.

8 comments:

KevyKev said...

So far this book has pretty much started off like Angles and Demons and DaVinci Code.. I cant wait to really get into the meat(NH) of the book, because already it made me miss my stop on the train this morning....

Cocktail J said...

Yay! I'm so psyched that I now have someone to read with. The book, however, is not his best, so far. It's almost like he's TRYING to write like Dan Brown...Hello! You are Dan freaking Brown, get it together.

Entertaining and informative nonetheless. I find myself stopping to research some of his facts... Can't believe how much I love this man's writing.

The Tenant said...

I've read both Angels & Demons, and The Da Vinci Code...and i would read this book but the only book I read these days is Facebook.

Cocktail J said...

You guys should also read Deception Point and Digital Fortress. They were excellent as well! The Tenant...get your butt off of Facebook and join this book discussion group!

@DKevyKev said...

Okay so im really getting into the book.. so far this has to be my favorite quote "Knowledge is a tool, and like all tools, its impact is in the hands of the user."

Cocktail J said...

I want to punch Director Sato in her face like nobody's business!

She annoys me to no end!

@DKevyKev said...

Director Sato reminds me of my daughters mother, always asking questions when she already has the answer.. That ish pisses me off...

Any who Im so tempted to flip a few chapters forward to see what the hell is in that small package Langdon is holding for his friend, and who the hell is really behind all this madness..

Cocktail J said...

I'm tempted to give you a spoiler because I know whats in that package, lol...