Monday, November 16, 2009

Biggie...Give Me One More Chance

I was listening to the radio this morning and this question was posed: "How many chances should one get in a relationship?" There was a range of answers from "everyone deserves a second chance (a woman)" to "it depends on what the women in the immediate vicinity look like (obviously a man)". I started to think about it but I just couldn't. I already knew my answer. You get no second chances! It's my opinion that if you'll do it once you'll do it again. In addition, why are men always the ones asking for a 2nd chance? If you so much as even think about another man, they write you off as damaged goods.

My philosophy? One strike and you're out. It's much easer to get out of a relationship after the first mistake. Once they realize that they can get away with it once, nothing stops them from doing it again and getting back in the same way they did previously. Before you know it you're on chance #7 and seven months pregnant. Don't do it ladies. Just say no to 2nd chances! Get out while you can.

5 comments:

Filmore Slimm said...

Well, I have to disagree that we (men) are always the one's looking for a second chance. Sometimes its the women that put that pressure on too. Sometimes an Ex comes around only to see if they can still have you or keep you to themselves while they still do them on the side. In the land of second chances I believe that 2 is enough. You and that person know where things went wrong after the first time. This is not a science project and you do not have time to work the hypothesis or theory 555 times before you get it right. "Fool me once shame on me, fool me twice shame on you" something like that, lol..

Cocktail J said...

I think the saying goes "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, I'll get my knife".

Or something like that.

Anonymous said...

I think ONCE is enough because like the post said if you are willing to give another chance then it will happen again. And to Mr Filmore comment, it's still the man because the man would be the idiot to give in to that woman knowing what her intentions are in the first place. So ladies one chance is enough....

Anonymous said...

i'm late in replying, but bored at work trying to catch up on blogs...but i disagree wit this blog. if you cut a man as soon as he messes up the first time, you'll never get married and you'll be a single, lonely woman forever. love is about forgiveness, and who are we to get rid of someone as soon as they make a mistake? Like we are perfect?

Cocktail J said...

"i'm late in replying, but bored at work trying to catch up on blogs..."

Anonymous, you don't have to make up reasons for why you're reading our blog, lol. Don't be ashamed. You're not the only one who loves CocktailOur.

Thank you for the response though!