Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Paxil, Prozac, Zoloft...Oh My!

This may not do anything positive for my campaign to be nice, but I have to get it off my chest. Feel free to judge me, I don't care...

I can't stand depressed people. They kind of disgust me. Everything about them makes me sick. If you're depressed, why not be alone? Why do you have to come all up in my space and affect my mood? Stay your ass home, don't work and especially don't call me. Despite all of the things going on in my life, I am a fairly happy person. Don't get me wrong, I have been depressed before. When I was, I stayed home and tried not to interact with other people. I didn't answer my phone and made every attempt at fixing my issues without burdening others. Yes, I have my down days sometime, but overall I'm good. I think its very selfish of depressed people to come out in such a state. If you're down, stay your down ass away from the general public. Depression is, in my opinion, just like H1N1. It's a danger to everyone who comes in contact with it. You know whats the worst thing about depressed people? They actually WANT to be depressed. They listen to depressing music, and drink wine that makes them feel even worse about whatever was bothering them to begin with. Do me a favor. If I know you, and you're depressed, remember that it's your issue. I'll attempt to help you in any way as long as you're willing to pull it together and fix your attitude. Why drag everyone else into this? I don't want to feel guilty about being happy and laughing at Family Guy. I don't want to have to tiptoe around my crass jokes as to not offend you. If I wanted to do those things, I'd go to church. These are the issues I'm plagued with when you're moping around me and crying. Cheer up and think about how selfish you're being.

2 comments:

Ms. ChelleBell said...

That's right girl- tell em to stay their sad asses at home. They can find someone else to throw their damn pity party

Sake said...

I think that the general public forgets that there is a difference between "depressed people" and people that suffer from depression. Depressed people wallow in their current circumstances and nag about it. People that suffer from depression truly cant control alot of their emotions, reactions, etc and depression is a disease. I totally get where youre coming from because I suffer from depression. I was diagnosed at 12 and i am 23, i am on medication to stabilize my mood and help me sleep in addition to decrease my anxiety. That is depression, a chemical imbalance, sometimes worse. Circumstantially "Depressed people" piss me off too, because they have absolutely no idea what its like waking up everyday and barely having the energy to get out of the bed, or constantly contemplating suicide. Socially real depression gets a bad rap because every time a perfectly sane person is having a bad day or a boyfriend broke up with them... theyre depressed. Youre not depressed, youre living! Its this thing called life that we do for uh...ever, that will throw you curve balls! Thank God that you have the mental stability to deal with it and you dont have to suffer the way that alot of us do!