Monday, November 9, 2009

Your Pants Are On Fire

I've been called mean, evil and a flat out bitch. Regardless of how much I attempt to be the opposite of those things, I have a hard time escaping those labels. Despite of all the mean and incorrect things that people say about my disposition, I find myself in the same category as everyone else...overly accepting. We as people tend to be the most naive and forgiving imaginable. I understand that we don't want to be judgmental. We don't want to make others pay for the sins of the previous. However, we see all the signs that someone is untrustworthy, irresponsible and just a plain old poser; yet we ignore them until it effects us in some way. I wonder how many busted lips, hurt feelings and burned down homes could've been avoided if we would just listen to the warning signs. When you meet people there is a learning phase. I can almost guarantee that you can know most of what you need to know about a person within a month's worth of interaction. Here are some clues for you.

If everything that happens to them is someone else's fault, then they're blame shifters...run for CherryHill.

If they have only negative things to say about their past partners, then they're only going to say negative things about you when you're done too.

If their stories constantly switch and they want to swear you down that you're mistaken about what they've said, then most likely they are a liar.

I guess the key is recognizing the patterns and stopping the fling before it starts. Its easier to get out of it after a few months then after a few years. The only thing I can't figure out is how you can distinguish between someone who really has had bad luck in relationships or else wise, from someone who causes the bad luck. Or someone who doesn't clearly express them self from someone who is a flat out liar.

I guess thats why they call it learning. Got any tricks to share?

No comments: