Friday, January 15, 2010

One At A Time People....One At A Time!

I just realized that I've been out of the dating loop for too long. I'm trying to remember back to when I was in, but its all a blur. I am aware that as young single adults we have a tendency to "play the field". We meet people, go out on dates and eventually get to know those that may seem worthy of more than a movie. Unless you're a Jonas Brother, this prolonged interaction may eventually escalate to some hugging, kissing and/or kinky sex. I do understand that most people "date" more than one person at a time. Why limit yourself right? Dating is only dating...its not a committed relationship.

Here's the tricky part. What are the rules of engagement when you are having a sexual relationship with someone who you're merely "dating" but not committed to? While I suppose I can see myself "dating" more than one person, I can't get with the idea of being sexually involved with more than one man at a time. So what does that mean? Does it mean that, ironically, my idea if non-commitment is actually commitment?

I don't understand. I'm lost and cold...
Where is Ja Rule?I need him to make sense of all this!

1 comment:

NotForTheFaintOfHeart said...

So I'm late but I just found the blog and I gotta post on this. What I find helpful is keeping one jumpoff around while ur dating until u commit to one. The jump knows it's just sex and that he will have to let u go. That way it's ez to let go of the ppl I date when they act sketchy behind u not puttin out. Works for me.