Friday, February 12, 2010

My Vagina is a Black Panther

I'm sure you guys have been exposed to Mayergate. If you haven't read this then come back to continue this post. For those of you who have read the article I am wondering your opinions on this. Usually when someone makes some seemingly racist or offensive comments there is a general consensus that the comments were racist or offensive. The strange thing about Mayergate is that everyone I've encountered has had a different opinion on whether his comments should've offended. He said some awfully strange things in that article. Far before he made the "offensive" comments. Why do we overlook the rest of the nonsense that he's said but zone in on the "black centered" comments? Even more perplexing is the fact that the people who, in his eyes, enjoy living their lives to the fullest are the ones who do the most complaining and nit-picking. Us! The mighty African-Americans.

My opinion? I live in the Family Guy age. It's my firm belief that people have the right to feel and express themselves in any way that they please. With that being said...my vagina is a Black Panther. No matter how beautiful a white man is, I will never let one touch me in a sexual way. I'm totally with JM. What I don't understand is why preference is always equated with racism or hate. Because a man says that he refuses to have sex with a black woman he's automatically labeled as a racist. I don't get it. I know so many men who won't sleep with over-weight women. Does that make them fatist? How about people who won't sleep with the elderly? Are we oldist? This is all too confusing. Will there ever be a time when we can say what we feel or live our lives in a way (legally of course) that pleases us without being stoned for things that may be deemed politically incorrect?

I'm starting to wonder if I'm desensitized or if the rest of the world is underexposed. I'm all about political incorrectness. I support it and promote it. I have a theory about why Family Guy is so successful. Its because they push the envelope. They do and say what they want. If you're offended by it then you're the one with the problem because they obviously don't care. The success of this show is a direct reflection that Americans want the same freedom. We love what we crave. We clearly crave the ability to be us. Why is this so difficult?

Sidenote: I can't believe that you guys are surprised that this guy made these comments. Look at the things he's done. Look at the photo! Lol...He's obviously not one for boundaries.

2 comments:

Frenchie said...

I don't think most people are calling him a racist because he has a preference. Everyone has a preference. I think the issue was the use of the words "white supremacist" & "nigger". Even if he had just left the word "nigger" out I think people would have found it just funny. Everyone knows there's sensitivity around the word because of its history. I still don't think he's a racist, I just think he shouldn't have used the word. I'm against it completely. I'm Black and I don't even use the word.

Anonymous said...

For once I agree with Frenchie. However in some strange way I really appreciate his expression and his "whites only" penis. I wish more black men were like him: Tiger Woods, Taye Diggs, Derek Luke, Dwayne Carter, my next door neighbor. Send your peni to black panther training.