Sunday, August 7, 2011

I Guess I'll See You Next Lifetime...Or Next Friday.

I wonder if Erykah Badu knew how much I would grow to hate that term when she made the song "Next Lifetime".  That phrase, along with Drake's "Marvin's Room", makes my blood boil like none other.   Songs like those are true examples of the sad state of the human relationship.  When did we get to the point where we have lost all respect for our relationships, and the relationships of others?  If you're going to be a selfish bitch, own up to it.  Don't use terms like "I guess I'll see you next lifetime" to show your interest in something you know you shouldn't be showing interest in, while trying to denounce your own guilt at the same time.

If you're in a situation where next lifetime will be the only suitable time to see a person, then keep the shit to yourself.  Throwing out things like that only sets what you claim shouldn't happen into motion.  It only tells me that although you really want to be with me, you can't because you're in a relationship with someone else.  Well what is your reason for telling me then?  What satisfaction do you get out of it?  What does it do but make everything uncomfortable and complicated?  Grow the hell up and stop screwing up other people's lives.

Oh, and Drake.  If you're reading this, get your drunk ass off the pone and stop drunk dialing people.  Who are you to say someone can do better?  What the hell are you worried about it for? You didn't care when you were with her.  Have some damn respect.

Ex's are ex's for a reason.  Let us not forget why you didn't work out.  Why screw up a potential successful relationship to dabble in one has already been proven to not work?  You people must be idiots.

Here's some Drake for you...He threw a party..yeah he threw a party.

1 comment:

C aka Meanie said...

I disagree. People grow, change, reflect, and reminisce. If you really did share something significant with someone else then why shouldn’t you (in the right opportunity) let them know. It’s not always bad and it’s not always f*ckin with other peoples lives. Sometimes it’s cathartic. Eryka is all good because she basically saying, ‘yeah, I love you. but I made a choice, and I’m sticking to it’. Where Drake is really just f*ckin’ with someone else’s relationship and part of me say who da f*ck cares. The woman should be the one to put an end to that, or not even pick up the damn phone!