Sunday, November 6, 2011

Blacks Only

I just read Ann Coulter's "Our blacks are so much better than their blacks" and "Our blacks are so much more impressive" comments and was actually disgusted.  Not because she's an idiot, but because she, and many others, honestly don't know that she's an idiot.  They actually believe her foolish ideas and adopt them.  She's an idiot with power.  Not many things are more dangerous than that.

The thing that inspired me to write this post, however, is what Pat Buchanan said in his book about Blacks in the segregation era.


“Back then, black and white lived apart, went to different schools and churches, played on different playgrounds, and went to different restaurants, bars, theaters, and soda fountains. But we shared a country and a culture. We were one nation. We were Americans.”

I don't know why, but this slid a thought into my head.  Would blacks be better off if we had remained segregated from whites?  I think about the quick decline of our race and wonder how much of it has to do with our adoption of the white culture's views and practices.  To some people I might be talking out of my ass, but that doesn't stop Ann Coulter or Pat Buchanan so hear me out.  I am not totally blaming whites for the decline of blacks, but let's face it...they can at least be charged with accessory.  

I think of the many other races that have, in some way, remained segregated from the rest of the races and I notice that they tend to be the most successful groups.  Native Americans and Jews.  I do understand that the difference between the Black race and those I mentioned is that they had the choice to segregate and we didn't.  They didn't have to fight for education and rights like we did, although we were here longer than them.  For that, we were at a disadvantage.  However, think of how much they've managed to keep by segregating; the things that ultimately make them so successful.  They live in their own communities, buy within those communities and pass down their history and heritage.  They have their own schools and educate their own children.  This allows them to teach the values and customs that their races have passed down for generations.  This ensures that their race will remember where they came from and not lose who they are.  Yes, I'm aware that we lost our African history when we were stolen and brought here, but that doesn't mean we can't teach the little that we know.  After slavery we still had enough family value, pride and respect to teach our children.  We still had enough knowledge of the struggle to be taught to as a reminder and not as an excuse.

I wonder what we would be like if we had remained segregated.  We would have our own schools, be forced to support one another, buy black and keep our race thriving; just like the Jews and the Native Americans.  The more we're integrated into white culture, the worse we get.  Yes, they still would've flooded our communities with crack, but I like to think that we would've been better equipped to fight the temptation because we would've been a stronger people by that point.  They would have no one to blame the decline of America on but themselves.  The true culprit of destruction would've been clear for all to see.  Sadly, it's probably too late to fix the problem.  The mindset of some of our people are too diseased and distorted to salvage.

I don't want anyone to think of this as a racist rant.  I just have no sense of political correctness.  Can't we be real and see things for what they truly are?  I'm all for people voicing their opinions.  I'm usually not offended by racism, sexism or any of the other isms.  Ism's aren't the things that should bother us.  Injustices should.  I respect people who openly declare their prejudices.  Why cower and hide it?  If you feel a certain way about something, say it loud! ::does James Brown shuffle::  I feel that people should be able to voice their opinions as long as it's in a civil manner.  In my opinion, I'd rather know that my co-worker is an outright racist, than to have to suspect it and not be sure of whether to steer clear of them or not.

Instead of wasting time #Occupying stupid areas of our cities that don't seem to bother anyone, try looking for real ways to improve our conditions.  Have a pow-wow with the Native Americans and the Jews to see how they are fairing.  I'm sure much better than the rest of us. 

No comments: